I must admit: this is my favorite holiday of the year. How can you go wrong with good food, friends and family? It’s nearly impossible, but by making it eco-friendly you can rid yourself of any doubt. So here are some quick tips for an even-better Thanksgiving:
- Buy local. Not only are you supporting local farmers but the food always tastes so much better! (and better for you)
- Bring everyone together. Family, friends, the neighbors. The more the merrier.
- Go organic. Buy organic fruits, vegetables and grains. All are grown without chemicals and pesticides. Take it one step further with organic meat, made without antibiotics or artificial hormones.
- Don’t go overboard. Yes, food is awesome but please only make as much as you can eat. Don’t let any food go to waste.
- Tradition. That’s what this holiday is truly about. So take some time to relax and socialize. Stick with those family traditions and keep them going.
In a couple of weeks when I head home to spend time with my family, there’s one thing that’s for sure—I’ll be encouraging them to participate in an eco-friendly Thanksgiving.
Sammy, Blog Maven